Higurashi thread (7)

2 Name: chaoskaiser72 ## KAISER : d19.01.24 @103.12 .beats ID:FyaDzlGX [Del]

That is interesting. I had seen a Hinamizawa Club translation listed somewhere for one of those later arcs, might have been on VNDB a long time ago, but didn't have enough information on it. Practically speaking it doesn't matter since it brings us no closer to having a legitimate full translation, but it is an interesting piece of history. I do need to revise and more extensively archive some things on that page; I threw the current form of it together while busy with work and certain that my translation would not progress.

I've never touched 07th-mod and have only done test runs of the new MG release itself, but the only reason I mentioned it was for its music and SFX restoration options. I've always been told that a bunch of its changes were optional, but if it really does that much without permission then that is pretty nasty. Still, I don't consider the story worth experiencing without the original Question Arcs music; this is a bit of purism but I think the memories you form with the audio of a novel game on your first read are irreplaceable.
Now, of course, all of the music and sounds in the new MG release are loose OGG files that anyone can replace: if you know of a straight audio replacement patch that I can link to, I'll gladly do so. As scattered and lazy as I am now, I never really was willing to devote any time to that release, and tossing out a patch that I would not have tested/supported sufficiently wouldn't have been good of me to do. I at least can stand by the old MG release because it was what I experienced firsthand.

Name: Link:
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Verification: